Nasal Magic Nasya Oil
Nasya, in the form of oil, is a traditional Āyurvedic treatment for ailments above the collarbones such as neck and jaw pain or stiffness, headache, allergies & dry nasal passages and sinuses. Don't be intimidated, it's easy! See instructions below.
Simple, potent formula features certified organic oils of:
finest bulgarian rose, australian sandalwood, jatamamsi (indian spikenard) & eucalyptus in a base of organic sesame, sunflower and MCT oils.
1 fluid ounce / 30 ml in green glass bottle with dropper for easy administration into the nasal passages.
How to Administer Nasya Oil:
- Warm the nasya oil bottle in a cup of very warm water for about a minute and place a small hand towel or wash rag in a bowl of boiling or very hot water.
- Ring out the towel/rag and use it to steam your face (if it’s not hot it can touch your face, but not necessary, just steam)
- Lie on your back, and tilt your head back so that your nostrils become parallel to the ceiling.
- Place 3 to 5 drops in the first nostril, close the other nostril and sniff strongly.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Perform a gentle massage of face/sinuses using the pads of your fingers along the line of the check bones under the eyes, and along the line of the eyebrows on the forehead.
- Rest for a few minutes
Note: If you don't have time for the full practice, skip the 2nd step!
- Children under 7 (kids can do pratimarsha nasya, which is very safe, simply dip the little finger in ghee or use our Nasal Magic, and gently lubricate the nostrils)
- Don't do nasya during menses and pregnancy
- Don't use immediately after a bath or shower (wait an hour)
- Don't use on a full stomach or while experiencing indigestion or diarrhea
- Don't use during acute illness, especially fever
- Don't use during sinus infection
- Don’t do it just after purgation or basti (enema)
- Don’t do it around the same time as neti - oil and water don’t mix well